Ready to Make Wedding Planning Even Easier? After you get engaged, you’re on a total wedding high. You can’t stop dreaming about your wedding day and just want to plan, plan, PLAN! But then you sit down, ready to start planning your big day, and realize: “What the heck do I do now? Where do I begin? How do I determine my budget? What am I supposed to ask my vendors?” These are common questions and feelings, so you shouldn’t feel like you’re “totally incapable of this planning stuff” as so many brides do. The problem is, you just don’t have the right resources. Well, I am here help with that.
1. Makeup and Hair Trials – Did you know a bridal hair trial can cost as much as 75% of the day-of price? You’re basically doubling your beauty budget! Always ask them what they charge before you commit, but keep in mind, trials are pretty necessary to ensure you’re going to love your wedding-day look.
2. Wedding Insurance – Yes, it’s a thing and most venues require you purchase it. Websites like WedSafe.com offer it and for a fraction of your budget, you could save quite a few tears if the worst happens. Get a quote!
3. Postage – You’ll need a lot of stamps for your save-the-date’s, invites, and thank-you’s (for bridal showers AND the wedding). Postage rates could be $1-2 for each piece of stationary. The key is to keep your paper products simple and low-bulk.
4. Meals for the Day Of – A girls gotta eat —and so do your attendants. Breakfast and lunch should be provided to your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and whoever else is helping set up the morning of.
5. Tax – Sales tax will get you every time. It’s nothing I can predict for you, but always remember it’s there!
Soon, I’ll be sharing with you our Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide. A no-fluff, straight-to-the-point resource for your planning needs. Interested? It’s coming soon!